Why is it when I am tan, I feel so much more put together? It makes my hair, makeup, and outfits look 1000x better. Am I the only one? Obviously not! Sunless tanning has become a popular trend over the past few years and I for one LOVE it! In the past, I’ve tried tanning in tanning beds and honestly, it scared me how unhealthy and SCARY it was.
So, I decided a few years ago to wear a good sunscreen anytime I deliberately laid out in the sun for long periods of time or to get my tan by other sunless methods. I’ve also tried lotions and bronzers and while they are good products, I find it to be slightly annoying applying it so often. Lately, I’ve been into spray tanning at my local salon. I have to say, this is my favorite method! It’s fast, easy, and it lasts about a week for me and can last a little bit longer if you take good care of it.
I have a membership at LUX Tanning Salon in Dallas and they are wonderful! If you have the extra money to spend on a tan every month, I highly recommend this place. They have great customer service and HELLO top quality spray tan booths. YAY!
Recently, I purchased Bronze Dry Oil for $18.70 on Amazon and have been applying it to my skin the day after I get a spray tan. It gives my skin that extra glow, evens out my tan, and adds a nice subtle shimmer. YAAAS.
The left leg is with the Bronze Dry Oil applied and the right leg is without. It’s a subtle difference, but it definitely smooths out my tan and gives a gorgeous shimmer and glow!
SPRAY TANNING TIPS
- Make sure to exfoliate your skin the day of your scheduled spray tan. This helps to clear your skin from any dead cells and let the spray tan soak into smooth skin.
- Try not to apply any oil-based products or lotions to your skin prior to your spray tan. This could result in a shorter life of your tan and splotching. NO THANK YOU!
- Make sure to use a hairnet and place it just past your hair line and above your ears. The worst thing is to have a straight up line across your forehead!
- If your salon offers a primer, GET IT! It helps the tan life last longer.
- If your salon offers barrier cream, USE IT! This helps prevent your palms and bottoms of feet from turning bright orange. Hello Oompa Loompa!
- If you’re going to shower, make sure to let your tan soak into your skin for AT LEAST 4 hours and try not to scrub your skin too hard in the shower!
- I usually get my spray tans at night and place a large towel down on my bed. I go to sleep and in the morning, take my regular shower.
There you have it bronze babes! My tanning routine wrapped up in a nice bow just for you. 😉 If you have ANY questions, please don’t hesitate to ask me! I love your feedback and am so grateful for your support!